It’s the jolliest time of the year and we couldn’t be more thrilled to share the last month of 2017 with the best residents in Baton Rouge! How does it feel to know that this semester is so close to being over? Our guess is that it feels great! Now it’s time to relax and enjoy some time off with your friends and family. Don’t forget about all of the amazing specials we have going on right now regarding renewing your lease! It’s the best time of the year to save money, so keep that in mind as this year comes to a close.
- Here at The Oliver, we provide 24/7 on-call maintenance. That means that whenever you have an emergency maintenance problem, you can simply call the office, and you’ll be forwarded to one of our wonderful maintenance technicians who will be there in no time to help you out!
- For any non-emergency maintenance request, you can either log in to your portal account and submit your service request, or stop by the office and submit your request with one of our Community Assistants.
- Renewals are in full swing right now! Don’t miss your opportunity to save money on your price for next fall by signing early and reserving your spot.
Reminders & Updates
Rent is due on the first of every month and can be paid via check, money order, or online payment.
Water bills are due at the same time as rent and can be combined with your rent payment.
Tips to Help You Through Finals Week
The time that you’ve been dreading all semester is here: final exams. This is a very stressful time for everyone, so remember to take a minute just for you.
Studies have shown that when you take one minute just for yourself every 30 minutes, your grades will improve. Cramming has proven not to work because you’re stressed, exhausted, and less likely to absorb everything that you’re trying to learn. Taking a minute just for you will allow you to breathe and reset your mind as you continue to study.
After your minute, make sure to take 10 more minutes to review what you’ve learned, and then 20 more minutes of new information before you take another break.
Just thinking about final exams gets stressful, so make sure to breathe and prepare the right way. Whether you’re writing papers, presenting, or taking an exam, preparation is the best way to get an A.
Here are some professor-approved study tips:
- Drink water, not soda or energy drinks.
- Eat fruits and veggies to give you natural energy.
- Turn your phone off as you study to lessen distractions.
- Find a study partner so you can quiz each other.
- Use the on-campus tutoring centers or peer-led groups.
- Talk to your professors! It shows that you care and are trying to do well.
- Make sure to eat a good breakfast the day of your exam. It truly is the most important meal of the day.
As a member of the Campus Advantage team, we want to do all we can to help you succeed! Make sure to stop by your local front office to see what resources or events they have to help you during this stressful week. We know that all of you are going to do amazing on your final exams!
Finals Week Fiasco — December 4–8 — It’s the final countdown, and we’re here to help! Stop by the office anytime this week if you’re in need of Scantrons, pencils, or a small snacks for a pick-me-up.
Free Food Friday — December 8 from 4–5:30 p.m. — Stop by and we’ll have food for you!
Tacky Christmas Sweater Contest — December 13 from 11 a.m.–5 p.m. — Come into the office this day wearing your tackiest Christmas sweater. We’ll take photos of the residents who participate and post them on Instagram to vote on who had the tackiest sweater. The winner will receive a $25 Target gift card.
Congrats Grads — December 15 from 9 a.m.–6 p.m. —This is the day of LSU’s winter graduation ceremony. We’ll have cake for graduates to stop by and pick up to celebrate! We’ll take photos and post on social media.