We hope you’ve settled into your new apartments well and are enjoying your new community here at The Oliver. Your staff here is working very hard to ensure that your community is up to your standards. You may notice that we’ve been putting on a lot of events. This is a normal occurrence and will continue each month! We hope to see you at each event and that we get to know you more throughout each month. Don’t hesitate to contact the office if there’s anything we can do or any question we can answer that will make you feel more at home.
Here at The Oliver, we provide 24/7 on-call maintenance. That means that whenever you have an emergency maintenance problem, you can simply call the office, and you’ll be forwarded to one of our wonderful maintenance technicians who will be there in no time to help you out!
For any non-emergency maintenance request, you can either log in to your portal account and submit your service request, or stop by the office and submit your request with one of our Community Assistants.
Reminders & Updates
Rent is due on the first of every month and can be paid via check, money order, or online payment.
Water bills are due at the same time as rent and can be combined with your rent payment.
Tips on Living with Roommates!
Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of living in a Campus Advantage community is the opportunity to live and work closely with all types of people. We know that living with roommates isn’t always easy, whether you moved in with friends or were matched up with new people. Either way, it’s perfectly normal to have the occasional roommate conflict, and there’s actually a lot to be gained from handling a difficult situation maturely and respectfully.
We want to make sure you have the tools to handle these situations should they arise, so check out the tips below to ensure you and your roommates have the best living experience possible this year:
- Schedule a roommate meeting: Set up a time for all roommates to get together and have a proactive conversation about each person’s preferences and expectations when it comes to cleanliness, guests, sleeping/study times, the use of others belongings or food, etc.
- Be open minded: You and your roommates may be very different, and that’s OK! Stay open minded and positive about your roommates’ views and experiences, and you may end up learning a lot about them and yourself in the process.
- Give each other space: Even though your apartment is made for multiple people, everyone appreciates having space to themselves once in a while. Make sure you’re sharing time in common areas and respecting each other’s privacy.
- When in doubt, talk it out: Most problems can be solved by just talking through the issue before it gets out of hand. If something is seriously bugging you about one of your roommates, bring it to them in a mature one-on-one conversation before bringing in other roommates or escalating the situation. Passive-aggressive behaviors won’t help.
- Divide responsibilities: While every roommate should commit to cleaning up after themselves, determine the best way to divide other responsibilities, such as taking out the trash, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, etc., to ensure everyone plays their part.
- Use conflict resolution backup: While talking can usually fix an issue in its early stages, sometimes a more structured approach is necessary. If you’ve tried and feel your efforts aren’t helping resolve an issue between roommates, reach out to your Community Assistant or the management team to help you brainstorm options. The management team is trained and willing to help conduct a roommate mediation process if necessary, but is also happy to provide you with tips and tools to handle it yourself.
We want you to have a successful living experience while at our community, but we know that living with roommates can mean an occasional difference of opinion. When roommates decide to communicate their expectations, listen and try to understand each other, and care about each other’s well-being, the many great memories you make will outweigh any small conflict you may have.
Roll with It — September 1 @ 2 p.m. — Stop by the office and guess how many Tootsie Rolls are inside the jar! The closest number wins two tickets to the movie theater.
Lemonade & CAs — September 8 from 1–2 p.m. — We’ll be serving fresh lemonade in the office and ready to have great conversations with our residents about how living on the property is going so far.
9/11 Memorial — September 11, All Day — Come by the clubhouse and view our video remembering all rescuers and victims of 9/11.
Hang Out — September 14 from 3–5:30 p.m. — Come hang out by the pool and enjoy floaties, food, and music.
Grab-n-Go — September 19 from 9–10 a.m. — Breakfast is on us today! We’re bringing prepackaged bags of breakfast out to the bus stop for our residents.
September Scoops — September 22 from 1–2:30 p.m. — Cool down with us in the office. We’ll be serving ice cream in cones!
September Birthday Bash — September 29 @ noon — We’ll be celebrating all of our September babies today! Come and pick up a cupcake and celebrate surviving another year.