Renovations are in full swing here at The Oliver! We really appreciate how patient all of our residents have been during this time and extend our sincerest thanks to you guys for allowing these renovations to happen as smoothly as they have been. By the end this month, you’ll be able to enjoy your newly renovated kitchen appliances, upgraded cabinets, upgraded lighting and fixtures, and new blinds in the common areas. We can promise you it will all be worth it!
• Here at The Oliver, we provide 24/7 on-call maintenance. That means that whenever you have an emergency maintenance problem, you can simply call the office, and you’ll be forwarded to one of our wonderful maintenance technicians who will be there in no time to help you out!
• Know anyone coming to Baton Rouge for orientation this summer? We’ve got a ton of tips and tricks on how to survive that you can share with your friends! Visit www.studentlivingbatonrouge.com/orientation-survival-guide/ for our recommendations on what to do, where to stay, what to bring, and how to get an exclusive Orientation Survival Kit from one of our communities!
Reminders & Updates
Rent is due on the first of every month and can be paid via check, money order, or online payment.
Water bills are due at the same time as rent and can be combined with your rent payment.
All work orders can be submitted online using your portal account, or by calling or stopping by the office to let us know.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Dough-Not Forget to Pay Rent — July 3 from 10 a.m.–noon — Here’s a nice and yummy reminder to pay your rent on time this month!
Fourth of July Celebration — July 4 from 2–5 p.m. — Celebrate the Fourth of July by the pool with our staff. We’ll be handing out promo items and have snacks out for our residents to enjoy.
National Hot Dog Month Celebration — July 12 from 4–6 p.m. — We’ll be making hot dogs in the office and have a bunch of toppings to satisfy your cravings! Stop by and have some fun.
Waffle Cone Wednesday — July 19 from 2–4 p.m. — We’ll be serving ice cream the best way we know how — with waffle cones!
July Birthday Bash — July 21 from noon–close — Celebrating a July birthday? Stop by the clubhouse to pick up a cupcake and celebrate with your Community Assistants!