There are tons of things to do in Baton Rouge, and orientation is your chance to get to know the city where you’ll be spending your next few years. The city offers a wide array of entertainment, shopping, and events that you’ll be glad to know about! Here’s a list of places to check out while you’re at orientation:
Take a tour of Death Valley so you know the ins and outs before football season. While you’re there, be sure to stop by the Bronze Tiger statue to pay your respects! Request a tour here.
Check out the nightlife you’ll have plenty of during your college experience.
You can bond with your parents and strangers while trying to figure your way out of a local escape room!
Check out the Mighty Mississippi, the steamboat, the USS Kidd museum, and local museums at the waterfront.
You’ll get a look into the history of Baton Rouge and the local culture.
Red Stick Farmers Market on Saturdays
This is a great opportunity to check out local goods and the local flavor of Baton Rouge.
Be sure to visit the monument to commemorate the name of Baton Rouge, which means “red stick”.
And if you haven’t found something yet, check out these other local places and events:
- Game Night every Thursday at Everything Philly
- Wednesday Trivia Night at Barcadia
- Wednesday Trivia Night at Pluckers
- Wednesday Trivia Night at Caliente
- Karaoke Wednesday at Mellow Mushroom
- Varsity Theatre
- Pint Night at The Bulldog
- Bowling on Monday/Wednesday for $0.10 at All Star Lanes
- The Shaw Center
- The Louisiana Art & Science Museum